Folk2Folk offers simple, straightforward, local lending and borrowing. We are not a Bank, Brokerage, seller of financial products, Deposit Taker, Fund Manager, or Adviser to any party. We don’t manage or arrange funds or offer banking or brokering services; neither do we sell or give advice on financial products. We organise the secured lending of money between local folk without the involvement of City institutions.
Folk2Folk was created to fill a local funding gap at a time when banks were retreating from small business and when local investors were frustrated with poor returns.
Folk2Folk is built from strong community values. Local knowledge and local understanding fuels our business. We take an holistic approach when approving our Borrowers and Lenders, placing great importance on understanding the full picture of the person.
Launched in 2013, but with a long lending heritage, Folk2Folk was born out of a law firm, Parnalls of Launceston, and can trace its lending roots back over 100 years.
Our purpose is to provide a fair deal for all, but specifically a fair exchange of money between Lenders and Borrowers.
Folk2Folk is different from other Lenders and we like to do business with people rather than just via a web platform.
- Folk2Folk is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720867)
- Folk2Folk is one of the UK’s largest peer-to-peer lenders to business (source: (Liberum AltFi volume Index).
- Folk2Folk is one of the world’s only peer to peer lenders with a high street presence
- Folk2Folk has introduced finance for business initiatives ranging from purchasing Golf Clubs, kick-starting multi-million pound property developments, and renovating leisure complexes and barn conversions
- Folk2Folk was born out of a long established firm of Solicitors and is proud of its legal heritage
- Folk2Folk introduced £50m into the South West economy in its first two years of trading
Types of businesses and projects we help fund
Folk2Folk has organised funding to Borrowers for renewable energy, house building, leisure facilities and land and property acquisition, amongst other things.