Earn 6.5% p.a. tax-free while giving British businesses a boost
Enjoy tax free lending via the FOLK2FOLK IFISA. The Innovative Finance ISA (IFISA) enables you to use your annual Individual Savings Account (ISA) allowance to earn tax-free returns from Peer-to-Peer lending.
Why invest in the FOLK2FOLK IFISA?
- Receive monthly tax-free interest of 5.5% p.a. or 6.5% p.a.
- Invest your full 2017/2018 ISA allowance of £20,000
- Secured against UK property
- Support local businesses, nationally
- Online Lender Portal enables you to access your investment information whenever suits you
- Peer-to-peer lending is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
- With peer-to-peer lending your capital is at risk if the borrower is unable to repay the loan
Read more about how we manage risk
How to invest in a FOLK2FOLK IFISA
The FOLK2FOLK IFISA will initially be made available to existing customers only, with pre-registered IFISA customers offered an IFISA account first. Existing customers can email IFISA@folk2folk.com to apply for an IFISA.
If you are not currently a FOLK2FOLK customer:
- You will first need to apply to become a FOLK2FOLK Lender.
- Email IFISA@folk2folk.com to register your interest in our IFISA and go through the application process.
- Once approved, you will join our waiting list to be offered a FOLK2FOLK IFISA.
- Transfers in from external ISAs will be available shortly. Lenders will be notified once this is available.
- Your investment will be matched on a first-come-first-served basis based via our lending queue.
1% Annual Administration Fee + VAT will apply. This will be collected by Direct Debit from your specified account.
Tax overview of FOLK2FOLK IFISA
- Take a look at our Income after Tax and Fees table to understand the implications for different tax brackets and the impact of fees.
- Please note that FOLK2FOLK cannot give tax advice and you should seek tax advice if required.
- Tax treatment depends on the individual circumstances of each client and may be subject to change in future.
For further information about lending via the FOLK2FOLK platform and our IFISA, download our Lender Guide. For full details please refer to our Terms & Conditions