How MarketPlace works
Buying and selling via FOLK2FOLK MarketPlace
MarketPlace is FOLK2FOLK's online secondary market where approved FOLK2FOLK Lenders can offer their loan investments for sale or buy investments.
Your capital investment will be returned to you once the loan reaches full term or when the Borrower chooses to redeem their loan. However, if you wish to exit the loan prior to this, you can offer all or part of it for sale via MarketPlace.
- You can only offer your loan for sale once you have been in the investment for a minimum of 6 months.
- You can sell your investments in blocks of £20,000 or your full investment amount, but you can't leave less than FOLK2FOLK's minimum investment amount (i.e. less than £20,000)
- You can offer your loan for sale on MarketPlace via our Lender Portal, or instruct FOLK2FOLK to do this on your behalf via telephone, email or coming in to a branch.
- Currently loans will be sold at par, i.e. at face value, but we intend to introduce a facility to allow you to offer your loan investments for sale at a premium or a discount in the future.
- It is important to note that there is no guarantee there will be a buyer for your loan. In this instance, you'll need to remain invested for the term of the loan or until the Borrower chooses to repay.
- There are costs associated with selling your loan on MarketPlace. Please see our Terms & Conditions for details.
Instead of (or as well as) waiting for a new loan via our Lender waiting list you can choose to buy an existing loan from another FOLK2FOLK lender selling via MarketPlace.
- To view loans for sale on MarketPlace, simply login to your Lender Portal account and click the MarketPlace tab.
- You can only buy into loans via the online MarketPlace, FOLK2FOLK staff cannot action the purchase of loans on your behalf.