Advice and support on obtaining LEADER grants and alternative funding
LEADER funding presents an opportunity for both agriculture and leisure and tourism and is possibly one of the last chances to secure European capital funding. LEADER funding is available to local businesses, communities, farmers, foresters and land managers. However, one barrier to applying for LEADER funding is the need to have appropriate finance in the first instance to complete the project before you can access the LEADER grant.
FOLK2FOLK can enable you to access the required funding; allowing you to complete a LEADER application in the knowledge you’ll have sufficient cashflow until your grant is paid.
Unlocking LEADER Funding Events
We are hosting two evening LEADER events in Cornwall in partnership with the Local Action Groups (LAGs) to help explain LEADER funding, how FOLK2FOLK can enable you to access it and you’ll also hear views from a legal, accountancy and land management perspective from local professionals.
Together with funding and diversification experts, FOLK2FOLK will be holding an informal event with short presentations from:
- LAG, LEADER and Growth Fund representative
- FOLK2FOLK – Award-winning peer to peer lender
- Coodes – Local solicitors
- Kivels (BUDE), Trinick Davey (GUNNISLAKE) – Rural property experts
- Malcolm Bell, Visit Cornwall – Leisure & Tourism
We will hold a Q&A session where you can ask the presenters any questions you may have about obtaining grants, alternative finance, legalities and business advice for your project. There will then be time for networking.
Please RSVP to ensure you have a place.
Dates & Venues
- Wednesday 26th June, 5.30pm until 8pm. At The Cornish Charcuterie, Norton Barton near Bude. PLEASE RSVP
- Thursday 27th June, 5.30pm until 8pm. At The Tamar Valley Centre, Gunnislake. PLEASE RSVP